Terms & Conditions
- Charterers will be responsible for all their guests’ actions and behaviours, including being the representative to pay for any damages to ZSYC.
- The charterer and his guests must be escorted by the ZSYC crew at all times within the marina. The marina is located at ONE° 15 Marina Club located at 11 Cove Drive #01-01, Sentosa Cove, Singapore (hereinafter referred to as the “Marina”). The route is strictly from the entrance (gate) of the marina to the ZSYC yacht and vice versa. Guests are not allowed to step onto any gangway and/or board other yachts, even if it is for the purpose of photo taking or joining friends from other vessels.
- Guests are reminded that safety is of paramount importance to us. We recommend that guests wear a life vest, especially when the vessel is underway and during sea activities. Sea activities (e.g. swimming, kayaking, etc.) and/or land tours are subject to weather conditions and will be disallowed if there are safety concerns. There is no lifeguard, so the Charterer and guests swim and/or engage in sea activities, etc., at their own risk.
- All guests must comply with the rules and regulations of the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), the marina and any other relevant authorities. Any illegal activities uncovered will be immediately reported to the authorities.
- Charterer consents to the photographs and/or videos of all guests taken by crew during the charter to be used for ZSYC marketing purposes.
- ZSYC has the right to cancel the charter without any refund in situations such as, not limited to, when the Charterer and/or guests are deemed to demonstrate unruly, disrespectful and uncooperative behaviours towards the crew or anyone, cause nuisance or act in a manner that will endanger or threaten any person’s safety and/or the safety of the yacht, incapacitated (due to alcohol, etc.) and unable to look after themselves, etc. The Captain and/or crew will assess every situation and take actions as deemed fit. These actions are not limited to preventing guest/s from boarding or offloading.
- All guests must comply with the instructions of the Captain and crew.
- The use of our services is at the guests’ own risk, and the services are provided “as is” and “as available”.
PAYMENT / CANCELLATION / POSTPONEMENT POLICY
- Full payment has to be made to confirm a charter, and a full refund is applicable if cancellation is made at least 30 days from the date of the charter. If Charterer chooses to postpone, a $200 rescheduling fee will be imposed.
- ZSYC reserves the right to cancel or postpone the charter due to unforeseen circumstances, not limited to, such as adverse weather or sea conditions, yacht-related technical issues, breakdowns and security concerns. In such cases, ZSYC may arrange for another date and/or time using a similar class/type of yacht for the remaining hours.
- ZSYC reserves the right to cancel the charter without any refund in situations as stated in paragraph 2. In addition, ZSYC reserves the right to change the terms, rates and schedules of charters without prior notice and/or terminate the yacht charter agreement with the Charterer by refunding the charter fees paid without any other costs or explanations. The Charterer will be notified of such changes before the charter.
Personal insurance is recommended to be undertaken by the Charterer and his guests to cover accidents, losses, death, etc., during the charter.
- The default meeting point will be at the marina’s Gate 1 unless otherwise stated or arranged. For each standard charter, there will be at least one Captain and a crew at all times. The team will contact the Charterer about 30 minutes before the scheduled time on that day. Charter only includes a two-way trip to and from the marina. The embarkation and disembarkation points of the yacht will be within the marina unless decided otherwise by ZSYC. The vessel must be returned to the disembarkation point by the stipulated time, failing which, the Charterer is liable to pay fees at an hourly rate based on the type of yacht booked. Bookings are based on standard itineraries specified by ZSYC, and any extension of charter hours is subject to the yacht’s availability.
- The Charterer shall not sub-charter the yacht, and must only be used as a pleasure craft for the sole and proper use of the Charterer and/or his guests. It must not be used to transport any merchandise or carry passengers for pay, engage in any trade or in any way violate the laws of Singapore or of any government within the jurisdiction of which the yacht may be subject at any time and shall comply with all other respects.
- The Charterer will be held liable for any loss, injuries and damages to ZSYC, the yacht, other persons, the surrounding environment, etc. if injuries or damages are caused due to negligence of the Charterer or guests (including but not limited to loss of charter) that ZSYC may suffer due to yacht not being able to meet its other charter obligations or for charter during the repair period.
- The Charterer shall at all times indemnify ZSYC for any claims, demands, losses, costs, expenses, actions, judgments and liabilities whatsoever made upon ZSYC in connection with any loss of life, personal injury and/or misuse, loss or damage to the yacht, its equipment therein or arising from or as a result of any defect in, failure of, breakdown, malfunction, explosion or suspension of equipment and/or services, or through any way owing to the spread of fire or smoke, overflow or leakage of water, including storm or rainwater, on/from the yacht or thereof due to the default or negligence on the part of Charterer and/or his guests on the yacht. Charterer acknowledges that ZSYC shall not be held liable for any death, loss or injury arising from Charterer’s and the guest’s use of the vessel, its equipment or dinghy, or any activities. Determinations of negligence or wilful misuse are made at the sole discretion of ZSYC.
- Charterer is to note that balloons and confetti are not allowed inside the marina. If pets are onboard, they need to have their boots and life vests worn. Red wines, smoking, underage drinking and gambling are not permitted on board at all times.
- Fuel and utilities are included for cruises on standard itineraries as agreed.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- The charter does not include food and beverages. You are allowed to cater or bring your own barbeque food, which must be barbequed by our staff. This is as per the authorities’ requirement, and there will be a service fee levied.
DAMAGES / CLAIMS
- The yacht and all equipment and facilities are provided to Charterer in good working condition and must be handled with care. The Charterer shall indemnify ZSYC for any misuse, loss or damage to the items supplied before the charter ends. Determinations of negligence or wilful misuse are made at the sole discretion of ZSYC.
- Damages to the equipment and the items or issues with estimated charges are as follows;
- $100 – Board Games, Cards, Uno, Bingo, Snap or other board games not listed;
- $100 – Inflatable Floats, Fishing Rod, or similar items not listed;
- $600 – Stand-Up Paddle Board, Kayak or similar items not listed;
- $600 – Sea Scooter, Dinghy, Floating Mat, or similar items not listed;
- $1000 – Spillage/Stains from Wine, Toilet/Basin Choke, or similar issues;
- $1000 – Cleaning Services (Vomits, etc.) or similar services not listed
- For non-standard items, or those issues or items not listed in earlier paragraphs, such as the spread of fire or smoke, overflow or leakage of water, including storm or rainwater, on/from the yacht or, or thereof due to the default or negligence on the part of the Charterer and/or his guests on the vessel, charges will be provided to the Charterer, and restitution must be made at the end of the charter or by the next day.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Charterer and guests board the yacht at their own risk, and ZSYC will not accept any liability for any death, injury, damage or loss of personal items during the process, including embarkation and disembarkation process and at areas such as the pontoon, dockside, etc.
- ZSYC, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its licensors shall not be liable to Charterer and your guests for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however, caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but not be limited to, any loss (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation, any loss of data suffered, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or other intangible loss; and any loss or damage which may be incurred by you.
- The above shall apply whether or not ZSYC has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising. ZSYC will not be responsible for any negligence or any other acts of its employee or crew during the charter that may result in loss or damage, or injury to the Charterer and/or his guests. ZSYC’s liability shall not exceed the charter rate paid by the Charterer or the amount paid out and received by ZSYC under any insurance for that incident, whichever is lower. There will be no further rights or claims for the damages or compensations from the Charterer.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS
- ZSYC may change the terms and conditions from time to time. You understand and agree that if you use the services after the date the terms have changed, ZSYC will treat your use as acceptance of the updated terms.
- A compulsory pre-departure briefing will be conducted to ensure that all safety and security measures and other pertinent information are shared with the Charterer and guests for adherence.
We Are Zen Sea
Our Expert Team
We love what we do and want to help create memorable experiences for you and your loved ones.